VERY USEFUL INFORMATION
We really hope that the information below will be of help to you! Any other queries please feel free to phone us at +44 20 7370 4111 or email us at
HOW TO ACCESS THE BEST POSSIBLE RATES ?
- THE VERY BEST RATES: you can get immediately is from our Online Booking Engine by signing up to our â€˜My Hotel Program-Instant Discountsâ€™. Discounts range from 7.5% to 17.5%. You wonâ€™t access better immediate rates than these on any other website. If you ever lose the discount Code donâ€™t worry! - An email is sent to you with the code, and we can always re-issue the email if you need it.
- EVEN BETTER RATES: are accessible on your next stay if, when you stay with us, you sign up to our Loyalty Program. If you do so, you will receive Codes that will allow you to book future bookings at discounts ranging from 10% to 20%. In addition we will send you exclusive promotions from time to time, and surprise gifts too! This program can only be signed up to when you have stayed with us.
- Even if you do not wish to sign up for either of the above discounted programs, our Online rates are exactly the same as the lowest you can find on any other website so you wont lose out.
BOOKING ROOMS â€“ BEST WAYS TO DO
- THE BEST WAY TO BOOK ROOMS is online through our website Booking Engine. You will see both availability for the dates you require and all Â rates. These rates will include a choice of rates (cancellable and non-refundable) â€“ YOU decide which one suits you best. And very importantly, if you sign up to our 'My HotelÂ Â Program-Instant Discountsâ€™ you will access the lowest immediate rates â€“guaranteed! Bookings will be instantly confirmed if made online. You can also amend/cancel online (if the rate you booked allows this).
- WANT TO SPEAK WITH SOMEONE before making a reservation and prefer to make a reservation this way? Yes of course: You can always telephone or email Reservations. This method takes a bit longer, but itâ€™s always open to you. And itâ€™s the best option if you are thinking of booking 3 or more rooms or a room for over 7 nights (see below).
- THINKING OF BOOKING 3 OR MORE ROOMS? Or thinking of booking a room for over 7 nights? In such cases, unless you book a Non-Refundable rate online, it is best for you to telephone/email the hotel with your request. Reason is because in such cases we will probably ask you to pre-pay the whole reservation.
HOW TO GET TO HOTEL / PARKING
HOW TO GET TO US FROM EARLâ€™S COURT UNDERGROUND STATION
- Take a right when exiting the station and walk down Earlâ€™s Court Road. Barkston Gardens is located on the second street turning on the left hand side of the road.HOW TO GET TO US BY TRAIN OR UNDERGROUND
- From Gatwick Airport: Take the Gatwick Express to Victoria Station. Once at Victoria Station change to the underground and take the District Line, marked in green, to Earlâ€™s Court. The average journey time is 50 minutes. For timetables & further information click our link Location & London Highlights
- From Heathrow Airport: Take the underground Piccadilly Line, marked in blue, directly to Earlâ€™s Court Station. The average journey time is 40 minutes. TIP: The â€˜Heathrow Expressâ€™ is expensive and most people find the normal Piccadilly Line more than ok, being much cheaper, and not a lot slower either. For timetables & further information click our link Location & London Highlights
- From/to Heathrow Airport: The â€˜Heathrow Shuttleâ€™. This provides both pick-ups from Heathrow to your hotel, and also transfers from your hotel to Heathrow. Details can be found on www.heathrowshuttle.com.HOW TO GET TO US BY CAR
- Exit the M25 and continue onto the M4 direction Eastbound toward central London. The M4 then turns into the A4, Cromwell Road. At the traffic lights turn right into the A3220, Earlâ€™s Court Road. Barkston Gardens is the second turning on the left hand side shortly after passing Earlâ€™s Court underground station.
- If you wish to book a mini cab, contact us and we will arrange for you.
- Parking: There are severe parking restrictions in the whole area. In the roads around the hotel parking between 8am-6.30pm Mondays-Saturdays can only be on a Meter. These charge over Â£3.00 per hour, and none of the meters allow parking in excess of 4 consecutive hours (some only 2 hours). Parking outside these hours is free (provided you do not park on a Residents Permit area of double Yellow lines). The best option, if a car is absolutely necessary, is to leave your car at one of the â€˜Long-termâ€™ parking sites. Most of these are within 1km-2km of the hotel so reasonably close. Two of the websites you could check (though there are more) are as follows:
WHAT ARE BREAKFAST TIMES & WHAT IS SERVED ?
Mondays-Fridays: 07.30 â€“ 09.00
Saturdays/Sundays/ All Bank Holidays: 08.30 â€“ 10.00
- We serve a complementary Continental Buffet breakfast. This includes cereals, cold meats, eggs (boiled by you according to your wishes!), yoghurts, selection of cheeses, fresh croissants & bread rolls, fresh fruit, juices, tea & coffee.
- What if I am leaving before breakfast? Please speak to the evening receptionist. We can offer 2 options:
(i) The evening Receptionist can prepare a few sandwiches for you that you can take up to your room.
(ii) On the morning prior to your departure day, you yourself help yourself to items on display at breakfast which you can then take up to your room for the next morning. We hope that these options will give you at least a little nourishment in the morning. Unfortunately we cannot serve breakfast earlier/later than the times stated above.
WHAT ARE RECEPTION TIMES & WHAT HAPPENS WHEN IT IS CLOSED?
Mondays-Fridays: 07.45 â€“ 23.30
Saturdays/Sundays/ All Bank Holidays: 08.30 â€“ 23.30
- IF I ARRIVE AFTER HOURS? Not to worry. You can still check-in !: We have a Night Porter who is on the property throughout the night and is on call (through your telephone/or the front door bell) should you need him at any time to help you with most issues. He is also there for guest and fire safety. However he will not process any charges or deal with any booking issues. For those you will have to wait for morning Reception. But he can certainly check you in. Please let us know when booking if you think you might be arriving after 23.30.
IS THERE FREE WI-FI & HARD-WIRED INTERNET IN THE HOTEL?
- Yes absolutely! FREE Wi-Fi is both in your room and throughout the hotel in public areas.
- Even more than that, all our rooms also have FREE Hard-Wired Internet (provided through the Desk Media Unit)- You are welcome to borrow appropriate connection cables if you are travelling without. Ask Reception.
WHAT FACILITIES ARE PROVIDED IN THE ROOMS?
- A MEDIA UNIT â€“ You can connect laptops/mobiles/cameraâ€™s /iPads etc. You can charge these devices, watch/hear them through the Smart TV, and get hard-wired internet for these devices. Hopefully this will be most useful to you! The sockets in the Media Unit include HDMI, VGA, USB. Please bring your own cables but we do keep a few in Reception which we can lend to guests for free.
- COMPLIMENTARY WI-FI & HARD-WIRED INTERNET
- AIR CONDITIONING/HEATING : Controlled for your comfort through your In-Room unit
- DRINKS COOLER/MINIBAR â€“ This is not stocked with goods! It is there simply for your own use, to buy and keep drinks etc cool. Please note that it is a cooler, not a refrigerator, so itâ€™s not designed to store perishable goods!
- COMPLIMENTARY BOTTLED WATER on arrival
- PLUG ADAPTOR â€“ This will sync with most foreign plugs, enabling you to plug in your appliances. BUT please be aware that it is NOT a voltage regulator. Please make sure that your appliance is compatible with UK voltage etc, as you risk damaging the appliance if it is not (as well as tripping our electrical circuits!)
- TELEPHONE â€“ This is rapidly dying out in hotels, but we still feel it can be useful to guests. Our charges for outgoing calls are not excessive. Details can be found when you arrive.
- PHONING OTHER ROOMS â€“ Yes you can. Simply dial the extension number of the other room.
- COMPLIMENTARY TEA / COFFEE TRAY â€“ To indulge in if/ whenever you like!
- DUVETS & DOUBLE (ALLERGY FREE) PILLOWS- Extra pillows always available from Reception
- EGYPTIAN COTTON SHEETS â€“ what else?
- SIZE OF BEDS- Our beds in Single Deluxe rooms and Twin Deluxe rooms are 90cm wide x 190cm long. Our double beds in Double Deluxe rooms are 135cm wide x 190cm-200cm long. Our bed in the Small Double Room is 120cm x 190cm.
- MOOD LIGHTING â€“ all rooms have multiple LED lighting effects, so that you can relax in what suits you best. Some rooms also boast Fibre-Optic lights for special effect.
- GLASS BATHROOM WALL (with Privacy Blind!)- Most bathrooms feature this quirky but fun (and practical) idea. Can of course be closed for full privacy.
- BLACK-OUT CURTAINS â€“ Light sensitive sleepers (there are so many of us!) will appreciate this. Furthermore most rooms have an additional Roller Blind for day-time regulation of light
- SMART SAMSUNG TV â€“ We tried to fit the largest we could into each room. You can of course surf the Internet etc through these sets. What channels? Unfortunately we do not have any foreign channels, but there are numerous Satellite channels.
- MUSIC â€“ we donâ€™t have a dedicated music player (everyone carryâ€™s their own music nowadays, which they can play through the Smart TV speakers). But there are numerous Radio Channels on the TV.
- HANGING SPACE â€“ this is compact, as most of our guests travel relatively light. We apologize if this causes you an inconvenience. However all rooms have a dedicated luggage table to help you out with organization.
- BATHROBES - Will be installed from mid-May 2016
- TOILETRIES- we provide complimentary Gilchrist & Soames Soap, Shower Cap, and Conditioning Shampoo for your comfort. Please ask at Reception if for whatever reason you run out.
- RAINFALL SHOWER â€“ Many of our rooms feature a Rainfall Shower, with a very useful hand-held shower attachment also. NO BATHS at our hotel! Just to mention also that our shower rooms are very COMPACT. They are beautifully designed and lighted, but we must make you aware of this. Sadly space is at a premium in London!
- â€˜WATERFALLâ€™ TAP MIXER- many of our bathrooms feature this.
- HAIRDRYER â€“ 2 speed version in all bathrooms and most importantly of all, close to a mirror!!
- ELECTRIC SHAVER SOCKET â€“ dual voltage.
- ILLUMINATED VANITY MIRROR â€“ we know only too well how useful these are, especially when you are away from home
- FULL LENGTH MIRRORS â€“ no excuse for leaving your room with your trousers undoneâ€¦
- READING LIGHTS â€“ elegant LED spots, both next to your bedside, and over the Desk.
- WRITING DESK â€“ nice to know that people still write things these days on paper.
- WAKE UP CALLS â€“ you can set your own wake up call (or ask Reception to set for you). There is also voicemail on the landline, should any of you be mobile-free!
- OPENING WINDOWS â€“ most rooms have fully opening windows (except the top floor, which only have â€˜fan-lightsâ€™. Just to mention that the location of the hotel, in a quiet square, means that outside noise is rarely a problem. And of course you have Aircon. But itâ€™s still nice to open windows sometimes, especially in summer.
- BALCONIES â€“ Only 3 rooms have shared balconies. These overlook the beautiful gardens opposite us. Due to high demand we cannot promise we can reserve these rooms for you but we will always try our best
- IN ROOM DIGITAL SAFE â€“ Please note that due to space limitations not all rooms have the wider â€˜lap-topâ€™ amenable safe. But all rooms have a safe.
- KEYCARD OPERATED ROOM DOOR
- â€˜SPY-HOLEâ€™ & DOUBLE LOCKING LOCK. This is for your added peace & security.
WHAT FACILITIES ARE NOT PROVIDED IN THE ROOMS?
- ROOM SERVICE- But after all we are in the centre of a major city, and almost everyone prefers to be out in the town being pampered rather than in their hotel room donâ€™t they?
- TURNDOWN SERVICE â€“ Please let us know if this is something you think worth us doing.
- 24 HOUR AIRCON/HEATING â€“ Without compromising guest comfort, and to comply with local operating regulations, the aircon/heating is not operative during certain hours (usually from 01.00-06.69).
- 24 HOUR HOUSEKEEPING/RECEPTION â€“ but Reception can deal with most issues (eg extra toiletries, towels etc) during Reception hours (see above).
- NO IN-ROOM IRONING BOARD/IRON â€“ But these CAN be borrowed from Reception at any time to take to your room.
- NO DRYCLEANING /WASHING SERVICE â€“ But literally around the corner from the hotel are numerous establishments who will do this. We can advise you.
- NO SHOE SHINE SERVICE â€“ Does this still exist?
WHAT FACILITIES ARE PROVIDED IN THE PUBLIC AREAS?
- SPA /GYM: Sadly we donâ€™t have a spa/gym onsite. But we do have an arrangement with a local gym, SOHO GYMS that gives our guests preferential terms. Please see here.
- COMPLIMENTARY WI-FI throughout, including in Reception and Conservatory Breakfast room.
- CONSERVATORY BREAKFAST ROOM â€“ Enjoy your breakfast in our charming Conservatory.
- FREE NEWSPAPER
- MEETING FRIENDS/VISITORS? We have a small reception sitting area. You are most welcome to meet and sit down with your friends/visitors here. Please help yourself to our complimentary tea/coffee too! We prefer if visitors are not taken up to the rooms, as this could impact on the peace of our other guests. Having said that, we are happy to allow this for short periods, but please ask at Reception before doing so.
- COMPLIMENTARY TEA/COFFEE. We will be installing this in early 2016. Watch this space!
- PRINTING OUT BOARDING PASSES. We are happy to do this for you for free.
- PRINTING DOCUMENTS. We can do this but at a small charge per page. Please enquire when at the hotel for charges.
- LIFT. We have a small passenger lift . This goes to all floors except the very top floor. One flight of stairs needed to get to that floor. We are happy to help guests with their luggage if this poses any problems. On some floors the lift stops on mezzanine levels so it might be necessary to walk up/down a few steps.
- ICE & BUCKET. Please ask Reception.
- TOURIST INFORMATION LEAFLETS. These are updated every week. In addition we give all guests on check-in a wallet containing information /maps on London. Besides this we are always happy to advise/research any queries you have on where to go/how to get there etc, including all restaurants, shops & facilities in the immediate vicinity of the hotel. Earls Court is a lovely, vibrant, cosmopolitan area, open till late.
- IS THE HOTEL OPEN TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC? No, as you can see we are a small, intimate hotel. Only guests and their friends are allowed access, there being no facilities open to the public.
CHECK-IN & CHECK OUT
- NORMAL CHECK-IN is from 15.00 onwards. You will, almost without exception, be guaranteed access to your room from that time.
- NORMAL CHECK-OUT is latest 11.00.
- ARRIVAL BEFORE 15.00? We will do are very best to get you into your room even before 15.00 if at all possible. But please understand that we cant guarantee early check in. But let us know!
- YOUR LUGGAGE if you arrive early: Yes, we can certainly store your luggage in the Reception area, leaving you free to explore the City. No problem! But please be aware that luggage is always left at your own risk. When you return, the luggage might already have been moved to your room, or will be in Reception for you to pick up.
- LATE CHECK-IN? Our Reception is open until 23.30 every night, so provided your reservation is confirmed and properly guaranteed we will keep the room for you. What if you think you will be arriving after 23.30? No problem: If at all possible let us know this in advance. The Night Receptionist will then be made aware of it and expect you. All you have to do then is ring the outside Night Bell when you arrive and he will check you in quickly.
- PAYMENT ON CHECK-IN: We ask for full payment on or before arrival. Please do not be offended by this. Most of our guests prefer this (no hassles/delay when checking out), and its much easier for us to manage.
- EXPECTING MAIL/PARCELS before your arrival? No problem, we keep them safe for you. Just remind us when you are checking in!
- WANT TO CHECK-OUT LATER? There IS the possibility of a charged later check-out. This allows check-out by latest 2.30pm. The charge for this is an additional Â£30 (but this price can change- please check at the time you are enquiring) and is subject to availability â€“ Always ask Reception.
- CAN YOU LEAVE LUGGAGE at check-out for collection later? Yes, absolutely. There is no charge either. But please make sure that it is picked up before Reception closes that day; also all luggage is left at the owners risk. In exceptional circumstances we might allow luggage to be stored for over 24 hours. But please ask Reception and we will see what we can do.
- ROOM KEYCARD & anything Borrowed from Reception: Please return all Keycards and anything you might have borrowed (eg cables) to Reception on or before Check-out. But feel free to keep the keycard Wallet if you so wish.
- WAKE UP CALL: Yes you can set yourself from your room or ask Reception to do so remotely.
- LEFT SOMETHING IN YOUR ROOM BY MISTAKE? No problem. Housekeeping keep any possible items left by mistake for up to 3 months. Please contact us, and we will post back to you (a charge is made unless cost nominal). If you left anything which looks of value we will, of course, contact you before you contact us.
HOW DO I LET MYSELF INTO THE HOTEL AFTER BEING CHECKED IN?
- The front door of the hotel is locked at all times, even during the Reception Hours noted above. This is to ensure Guest safety. But you can let yourself in 24 hours a day with your KEYCARD. This keycard will unlock both the Front Door of the hotel and your Room Door. Just keep it with you at all times! What if I forget to take my Keycard? No problem: Just ring the Bell. The day or night receptionist will unlock the door for you.
CANCELLATION /MODIFICATION OF BOOKINGS
- Full information can be found on the â€˜Policiesâ€™ link on our website.
- WHAT IS CHARGED AND WHEN? When you make a direct booking with us whether online or by person/telephone/email you will be asked for/charged as follows: (i) If you are making a Cancellable/amendable booking: You need to provide a Credit Card number which we then pre-authorise in the sum of the 1st night. Please note that this is NOT a charge. It simply â€˜reservesâ€™ the sum, and confirms to us that the card is valid. After a few days (we do not have control over when. This is a matter for your credit card company) the â€˜reservedâ€™ sum is released back to you. When you eventually stay at the hotel you will be actually be charged. (ii) If you are making a Fully Payable /Non-Refundable booking: Here your credit card WILL be charged on making the booking (usually for the full amount of your stay, occasionally just the 1st night).
- CAN I PAY IN CASH WHEN I CHECK-IN? Reservations must be confirmed with a credit card. However you are welcome to pay by Cash when you check-in. We can refund any previous payment made by credit card if you so wish.
- CAN I GET A RECEIPT / INVOICE FOR MY STAY? Yes of course. This can be done when making the booking (you will normally receive by email a confirmation) or later when you check-in. We can issue a VAT receipt for business clients if required too.
- CAN SOMEONE NOT PRESENT PAY FOR MY STAY? It is possible. In such cases we will require the person paying to complete a form authorizing us to charge them. Such an authorization can be emailed/faxed to the party paying & emailed/faxed back to us.
- CAN MY BILL BE PAID AFTER I CHECK-OUT BY SOMEONE ELSE (e.g. my employer if on business)? It is possible. In such cases we will require the person paying to complete a form authorizing us to charge them. Such an authorization can be emailed/faxed to the party paying & emailed/faxed back to us.
WHAT SHOPS & FACILITIES ARE THERE IN THE LOCALITY?
- Earls Court is a vibrant, cosmopolitan area. You will find literally 100 metres from the hotel the main road with all its shops, many restaurants, supermarkets & other facilities. You will find banks, a Post Office, Bureau de Change, hardware shops, chemists, dry cleaners, tailors, a gym, sauna & massage, stationers, hairdressers, pubs, medical facilities and many more. Click LOCAL MAP to see a useful map of all these establishments!
- DO WE ACCEPT PETS? Only guide dogs
- IS THERE STEP- FREE WHEELCHAIR ACCESS? Unfortunately not at the moment. We do have a ground floor room, but there are a few external steps to negotiate before entering the hotel.
- BICYLES: Can we store them whilst you are staying with us ? There are 2 possibilities: (i) Either in the rear garden of the hotel. This is safe, but un-protected from the weather OR (ii) Inside the hotel in a passageway. This is un-chained and therefore left at ownerâ€™s risk. Also space limitations means a maximum of 2 bikes can be kept here for short periods.
- MINIMUM AGE. At least one of the guests has to be at least 18 years of age.
- CAN 3 OR MORE PEOPLE STAY IN OUR ROOM? Only a few rooms have space for us to add an additional (inflated) bed. These have to be reserved by telephoning/emailing the hotel, as it cannot be done online, and is always subject to availability. There is an extra charge for the 3rd person. It is not possible to fit 4 or more persons. There is no discount for children (except 0-2 year olds- see below).
- CAN I ADD ANOTHER PERSON TO MY ROOM? In all cases Reception must be informed prior to this. It is only possible where the room can accommodate the extra person and payment is made for the extra person. You are not paying for Room, but per person. Also, a 2nd person is never possible in a Single room.
- DO WEÂ HAVE A COT? Yes, children 0-2 years old can be accommodated in a cot in a double/twin room. There is no extra charge for this. Please note that our single rooms do not have the space to accommodate a cot.
- SMOKING POLICY. Smoking inside the entire hotel and in all rooms is strictly forbidden and illegal. This includes smoking through open windows. Guests who transgress this law will be asked to leave and authorities will be notified as it is illegal to do so. Smoking is allowed in the designated area outside the front and on balconies.